Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy Statement
The following is AAI Security Systems’ Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement as required under s54, Part 6, of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (“the Act”). This Statement and Policy is made voluntarily as a small business and is not a legislative requirement of the Act.
AAI Security Systems is a business service provider specialising in the provision of the design, installation and maintenance of intruder alarm systems, fire alarm and smoke detection systems, CCTV systems and access control systems. The Company also supplies, commissions and maintains portable fire extinguishers. The Company is based in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
Modern forms of slavery can include debt bondage, where a person is forced to work for free to pay off a debt, child slavery, forced marriage, domestic servitude and forced labour, where victims are made to work through violence and intimidation.
Our supply chains include sourcing materials and hardware from various wholesale and other suppliers principally located within the United Kingdom to enable the supply and/or installation of security systems, Fire Systems and Portable Fire Extinguishers for our Customers.
We are committed to ensuring that its business dealings are carried out in compliance with the relevant laws, and in doing so, we endorse the implementation and promotion of ethical business practices to protect workers from being abused and exploited.
We are also committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or trafficking within its supply chains including sub-contractors. We will work ethically and with integrity in all our business partnerships and ensure that we have effective systems in place to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place. We will provide due diligence and mitigate risk by the implementing and reviewing key performance measures.
- The Company will not knowingly source our goods and services from any business involved in slavery or human trafficking.
- Where possible we will build long standing relationships with our suppliers and make clear our expectations of ethical business behavior.
- We will identify that our suppliers have anti modern slavery and human trafficking statements in place.
- We will communicate to staff the importance of reporting any concerns about the possibility of slavery or human trafficking in any aspect of supplier business activity.
- We will make this Statement available on request. It will also be publicly available on our website so it can be accessed at any time.